What are The Different Variations of Poker Games?
While Texas Holdem and Omaha are the most popular games of poker, there are many variations of the game of poker played all over the world and in casinos. A game of One of the most popular poker variation is the Texas holdem that consists of four betting rounds where each player is given two cards face down, called the hole cards. They also receive five community cards face up, which all players can use.It is the player who has the highest five card poker hand at showdown who wins the pot.
There are several variations of both Texas holdem and Omaha as well. The three variations pot texas holdem are limit, pot limit and no limit. The rules remain the same for all three. The difference in the game is the betting limits. Each player in limit Texas holdem can only bet a maximum of four times during any one hand. These are : Bet, Raise, Re-raise, cap (this is the final bet).
In the pot limit variation of the game the raise amount has to be equal to or greater than the previous raise in the same round. In no limit ,the amount of player raises has to be equal to or more than a previous raise in the same round.
Sometimes players will not have anything in their hands and have to rely on making winning combinations with the flop cards. You can use two of the cards to make low combination,which consists of cards eight or below.A high hand will consist of cards eight or above.
Here are the top 5 poker game variations:
1. Texas holdem The current king of all poker variations is a must appear in the top slot. How is it played? If you dont know, you shouldnt be playing poker, but the game is a community card variation with two cards dealt face down to each player.
2. Guts This classic game of poker chicken is exciting for its showdowns and its bluffing. It says This game is played when players are dealt three cards facedown after anteing a pre-determined amount. Players must decide if they want to play the hand depending on their on their hands strength or their willingness to bluff.
3. Similar to Seven-Card No Peek Midnight is a face down card game where a players hand is exposed one at a time. Players are dealt seven or nine cards face down and are not allowed to look at the cards until it is their turn to expose them.
4. Chinese Poker this popular variation is also prevalent amongst the professionals where stakes can sometimes escalate to thousands of dollars a point. Players are dealt 13 cards face down. The player then must organize his or her cars into three hands (two five card hands and one three card hand).The top hand (one of the five card hands) must be the players strongest hand, following in strength by the middle hand (the second five card hand) and then the three card hand.
5. Five-card Draw-Call for this variation when your home game needs to get back to its roots and enjoy playing the game that introduced almost every single player to game of poker. Players are dealt five cards face down.